MM Sports Quiz 1 | Soccer is the name of the Game
We hereby invite you to participate in this multiple choice quiz about soccer (and sporting goods) related themes.
In order to root out sheer luck and to challenge participants not only on their ability to use google we have designed the quiz in such a way that certain answers contain information hard to find online and that the number of questions should reduce the luck factor to insignificance. So the challenge is on!
1. Nike is the biggest producer of sporting goods in the world when measured on global sales. But which sporting goods producer is the biggest when it comes to global sales of soccer related sporting goods ?
2. How many soccer jerseys are sold in the 5 major European markets on an annual basis ?
a. 1.3 millions
b. 13 m
c. 23 m
3. According to Deloitte’s Money League 2012 Real Madrid has the biggest annual turnover of any club in the world. The total revenues are broken down into 3 revenue streams: broadcast, match day, and commercial. Which club has the highest commercial revenues which include sponsorships, merchandise sales etc.
a. FC Barcelona
b. FC Bayern
c. Real Madrid
4. The replica soccer jersey is by far the most important piece of fan merchandise. However, a number of other products of branded apparel are produced as well. Which club has the biggest total fan apparel sales when t-shirts, polo shirts, track tops etc. are included ?
a. Manchester United
b. Liverpool FC
c. Real Madrid
5. The Danish national team has just renewed their technical sponsorship deal with adidas for another 2 years. But when the Danish side thrilled the world with an attacking style of play at the World Cup 1986 in Mexico which brand provided the uniforms ?
6. How many teams play in Nike jerseys in the Spanish La Primera Division for the season 2011/12.
7. Iker Casillas has played in Reebok cleats and gloves during many years but in January 2012 he changed from Reebok to which brand ?
8. A famous Italian sporting goods brand comes from the home town of Juventus and AS Torino. The city of Turin. But which one ?
9. Puma has signed a number of high profile players to wear their footwear during the season 11-12. Of the following players who does NOT wear Puma footwear ?
b. Yaya Toure
d. Kun Aguero
10. In Germany FC Bayern is by far the biggest seller of merchandise. But which 3 clubs follows Bayern in the top 4 merchandising league ?
a. HSV, S04, BVB
b. HSV, Werder, Stuttgart
c. S04, BVB, FC Köln
11. At the EURO 2012 in Poland and Ukraine only 4 apparel sponsors are represented sponsoring all 16 teams. But which brand has the most teams ?
12. The biggest market for sporting goods in the world is the US. The biggest European market is Germany. But which is the biggest market for soccer related products ?
13. Nike started their venture into soccer relatively late. Only in the mid-90s it became an area of priority for the Portland based company. But which was the first major team that Nike signed up with ?
b. FC Barcelona
d. Manchester United
14. adidas has produced the official World Cup match ball uninterrupted since 1970. But what was the name of the 1970 World Cup match ball ?
15. adidas supply the match ball for the Champions League, and Nike for the English Premier League. But which company supplies the official match ball for the French Ligue 1 ?
16. Puma was founded in Germany by Rudi Dasler. However, it is now owned by a company from another country. Which company ?
17. In the US Nike has just taken over the technical apparel sponship deal of the NFL from Reebok. But which company provides the uniforms for the MLS Major League soccer ?
d. Under Armour
18. Tottenham Hotspur has decided to part ways with Puma. Instead they have taking in a new sponsor from overseas. Which one ?
a. Li Ning
d. Under Armour
19. adidas was one of the first companies to start providing apparel and equipment to soccer teams. With which club of the following is adidas having the longest uninterrupted partnership ?
b. AC Milan
c. Chelsea FC
e. Real Madrid
20. Usually the major clubs in a league are equipped by different companies. Nevertheless it happened once that all 3 major Istanbul clubs were sponsored by the same company. Which one ?
21. Which company on the list is NOT German ?
22. The fastest growing markert in Europe is Russia. But how much are the total adidas sales (approx.) in Russia ?
a. 100 million Euros
b. 1 billion Euros
c. 10 billion Euros
23. Which boot / cleat is not produced by adidas ?
a. World Cup
b. Copa Mundial
24. Lionel Messi is currently the number 10 for FC Barcelona. How many different numbers has he worn with the Barca first team ?
25. When Cristiano Ronaldo arrived in Real Madrid the number 7 jersey was already taken up by club legend Raul Gonzales. Which number did he get instead ?
26. Which Italian club has the most fans in Italy ?
a. AC Milan
27. New Brazilian star Neymar has a personal sponsorship deal with Nike. But which Nike boot (cleat) does he wear ?
a. Nike Legend
b. Total 90
c. CTR 360
28. Liverpool will change the ropes for the season 12-13 and start wearing Warrior. Bu
t which company is owner of the Warrior brand?
c. New Balance
d. Under Armour
29. In the Real Madrid and the FC Barcelona first teams the players almost exclusively wear adidas or Nike footwear. However, one Real Madrid starter wears Umbro – who is he ?
a. Sergio Ramos
30. When the contract of Danish national defender Agger expired he was offered how much by adidas for a new contract which he accepted ?
a. 1 million USD$ a year unconditionally
b. 100 K USD$ a year unconditionally no strings attached
c. 50 K USD $ a year if certain performance based goals were reached with regard to number of appearances and results with club and national team
d. 0 $ cash but the boots / cleats for free
The winner is the person who has the most correct answers. In case more persons have the same number of correct answers the winner(s) will be chosen through a draw.
1. Prize a club jersey + a national team jersey of your choice.
2. Prize. a club jersey of your choice.
3. Prize. a Danish national team jersey.
A. The first contestant to get all 30 questions right will get a customized jersey of his / her choice.
B. There will be draw among all participants for one jersey of choice no matter how many questions answered correctly .
How to participate ?
Send the answers to “info @ mmsports . com”
Subject: Quiz Time
Leave your name and address.
The winners will be contacted by email. Make sure your inbox is operational!
Last date of entry is the 8th of June 2012 at 23:59 CET.
The names of the winners will be published on the blog alongside the correct answers.